So I mentioned as part of my Happiness Project this month I wanted to get better at Breakfast on the go! I feel like I nail breakfast on the weekend but during the week I rely on toast or even worse, cheese and tomato pastries from Pret (delicious but not very nutritious!). So throughout the month I’ve been trying some new recipes to keep me going until lunch!
I am not a fan of sweet breakfast, as much as I’d love to enjoy smoothie bowls and porridge with berries – I tend to crave savoury food in the morning, so these chorizo, red pepper and spring onion egg muffins are perfect!
- 6 Eggs
- Crème Fresh
- Spring onions
- Cheddar cheese
- Jar of grilled peppers
- Salt & Pepper
- Spray Oil
- Frying Pan
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Preheat your oven to around 180 degrees
- Chop up the chorizo, spring onion and the grilled peppers to around the same size and fry in a little of the spray oil until all the flavours combine
- In a jug crack all the eggs, add 2tbs of crème fresh, handful of cheddar cheese and the salt and pepper, then whisk to combine
- Spray your muffin tin with the spray oil – this will prevent the muffins from sticking
- Pop a little bit of your chorizo mixture in to the bottom of each hole
- Add the egg mixture on top – these will puff up so go around ¾ of the way to the top
- Give each one a little mix to make sure the contents are all at the bottom
- Pop in the oven for around 20mins – this varies depending on how good your oven is but you want them to be golden on top and firm – you can put a knife in them to check they aren’t wet in the middle
I make these and store them in an airtight container for the week and I can heat them up in the microwave for 1 minute and then enjoy each morning! They are also great for lunches bulked out with some salad! You can also mix up the filling depending what veg you have in the fridge – I’ve also made these with spinach, broccoli and cheese and with bacon instead of chorizo!
So, that’s what I’ve been eating most mornings and its getting me through to lunch which is great, I definitely having been snacking as much as before!
If you have any great breakfast recipes, please link them below!
Until next time x