I am a big fan of baking despite not having much of a sweet tooth myself. I find in the throws of anxiety the act of measuring the ingredients and combining it all in such a methodical way so relaxing! The fact your house then smells delicious is just an added bonus! When I do bake however, husband often encourages me to take it into work so he isn’t tempted by all the sweet treats lying around, and at work there is quite a few people in my team who are vegans and I really wanted to be inclusive and make something they could enjoy too!
I had previous made chocolate and cherry brownies which were a bit dry, so I wanted to prove myself with a really kick ass cookie recipe and this is what I’ve come up with! These cookies are delicious and so simple to make, without a lot of ingredients and it can all be made by hand, no need for expensive equipment!
What you’ll need
- 75g vegan butter / margarine
- 50g peanut butter (you can use smooth or crunchy – I always go crunchy!)
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- Blend vegan butter with peanut butter and then stir in the sugars – it takes a bit of elbow grease so cream this all together but it will happen after around 5 minutes of good beating!
- Stir in the flour to make a dough.
- Shape the mixture into 18 balls. Space them out onto baking trays and flatten each slightly
- Bake each tray for about 15 minutes at 200 C / Gas 6 until light brown.
I hope you give these a go, they are super easy and would be a great one for kids to get involved in too! I am off to eat one with a cuppa tea right now!
Until next time x