So, I am a little bit of a hot sauce nut, so much so for last Christmas hubby bought me some keyrings to fill up so I am never without! Without a doubt, my ultimate is the Thai fav ‘Sriracha’ – it is delicious – I put it on everything breakfast, lunch and dinner and I’ve recently been adding into a lot of recipes.
With it being BBQ season, this recipe is one of my favorites and have proved very popular when we’ve had friends over – it is also so easy a cooking novice can smash this!
What do you need?
- Chicken Wings and/or Drumsticks
- Plain flour
- Sriracha (10 table spoons)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Sesame seeds / spring onions
- Dust the chicken with the plain flour, paprika, salt & pepper and pop in the oven or on the BBQ (I tend to pre-cook in the oven before putting on the grill to make sure I don’t undercook anything!) The flour helps crisp up the chicken to give it extra bite.
- Mix together the Siracha, Lime juice, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup together and put in a large bowl – the one you will serve the chicken in.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked and still warm – take it out the oven and toss it in the sauce until everything is coated in the delicious spicy sauce
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (or spring onion if you prefer) and serve
Yes – it really is that easy and let me tell you – delicious! These go great as part of a BBQ or made in advance for a packed lunch or picnic with some salad!
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Until next time x