I’ve said it so many times but breakfast on a weekend is my favourite thing in the world – preferably if it involves something savoury like eggs! This recipe is one of my favourites, me and my hubby often scoff this between us or it’s a great one-pot breakfast to share when people come over! The below is for two people but you can easy double up everything for more people!
- ½ ring of Chorizo
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 eggs
- Cheese for Topping
- Finely chop the onion and soften in a little olive oil (or coconut oil if you prefer!)
- Chop the chorizo into chunks and add to the pan with the onion
- Once everything is browned – add in the pinch of chili flakes and then quickly after all the chopping tomatoes
- Let the tomatoes come to a bubble and then create two wells’ in the mixture and crack in the eggs
- Add the salt and pepper – you can let the eggs cook in the sauce but you may wish to pop them under the grill so the top gets cooked through
- Last stage is to add the cheese and pop it under the grill for another few seconds until it is melty and delicious!
Then serve up with some toasted crunchy bread for dipping and you are ready to serve! I love this all year round but now it’s autumn and colder in the mornings it’s the perfect warming brunch!