As far as I am concerned, Easter is also known as ‘national eat chocolate for breakfast’ day! I remember growing up and eating my Easter egg alongside my breakfast – such a treat! And speaking of treats I thought I’d share my recipe for the ultimate fudgy crème egg brownies!
What you’ll need…
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g best dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 6 cadbury’s Crème Eggs, cut in half (if Crème eggs aren’t your thing- Malteser bunnies also work amazing!)
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease a 20cm baking tin. I use a separated brownie tin which you can buy on amazon – like this one.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together either in the microwave or in a bowl over hot water.
- Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in 275g of golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy, like a milkshake! It should double in volume – it may take a few minutes so don’t worry – it will get there!
- Let the chocolate mix cool first then pour over the eggy mousse, then gently fold together.
- Hold a sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and sift the cocoa and flour mixture, shaking the sieve from side to side, to cover the top evenly. Gently, fold in the mixture.
- Pour into the baking tin and cook for 15 minutes then take it our of the oven and gently press the Cadbury’s Crème Egg halves into the mix spacing them apart evenly. Put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool before removing from the tin and enjoy!
I have yet to meet a person who didn’t LOVE these brownies – give them a go and tag me in pictures, please! Would you like to see more recipes on my blog – let me know!